Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hieroglyphic Stairway

I thought it interesting that Ian Stewart, Chris & Patty's son, was a single response I received on this piece when sent out as an email. This is a legitimate question. What did we do? The environment and its preservation has been a primary issue in Bruce and my life. We respect life, all of God's Creation. We choose to live moderately.

Hieroglyphic Stairway

it’s 3:23 in the morning
and I’m awake
because my great great grandchildren
won’t let me sleep
my great great grandchildren
ask me in dreams
what did you do while the planet was plundered?

what did you do when the earth was unraveling?

surely you did something
when the seasons started failing?


as the mammals, reptiles, birds were all dying?

did you fill the streets with protest
when democracy was stolen?

what did you do
once
you
knew?...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Comments are moderated and I reserve the right to delete or edit comments as necessary.